Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Gamerchicks: in it for the games, or the bashing?

So, I was playing MW2 the other day, and there happened to be another girl in the lobby with a mic on besides myself. One of my PS3 buddies had invited me to join their party, but I was too late, so I just joined the lobby. The first game I was on their team, but the next few games, I was on the other team, which included the other girl. I'm not sure if any of the others knew the girl from anywhere, but they were saying pretty crazy things to her, something that has NEVER happened to me before (yeah, some dude got mad and called me a whore, but is that REALLY supposed to offend me? LOL). I had asked her while we were playing if that happens to her every time she plays, and she answered, 'yeah, pretty much'. It was then that a friend of hers said that she asked for it, responding to their taunts with 'comebacks' that they just HAD to say something about. During the next lobby, someone on the opposite team kept calling her out, and though I can't remember exactly what he said, I know for sure it was something obscene...and she really did respond in a way that was obvious that either she liked the  negative attention (it was almost...dare I say it... a type of FLIRTING on her part!) or she was completely oblivious to the fact that they were NOT trying to be friendly with her. Maybe it was her score, or maybe it was the combo of her being a girl AND her score, but they definitely taunted her the entire time, and respected me (either cause I was getting top score every single game, or I was friends with one of their teammates). I got 2 friend requests that day, one of my buddies' friends & the girl's friend, although the girl herself didn't really speak much to me. I wonder if she was really in the game to get bad mouthed, or because she wanted to actually play. Makes me wonder when some girls say how guys treat them in game lobbies, do they ASK for it or do they ever fight back? Cause I'd definitely fight back, even though that situation has never happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment